Baker

On 3/2/04 6:37 PM, "The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest"
<Celtics-Digest-Owner@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any of you legal eagles have any idea what this means for us?  I would
> think that it would weaken our case that Vin is unfit to play, no?

The Celtics did not simply release Baker, they terminated his contract, and
Baker is contesting the termination.  The NBA is taking the position that,
should the arbitrator find in favor of Baker, then Baker remains under
contract to and property of the Celtics.

The players association wants him cut loose WITH the Celtics on the hook for
his contract, and the NBA is refusing to allow that possibility.

Michael