RE: bewildered

Raef has 3 years left after this year. After this year 40 million of his salary will have been paid meaning the C's owe him 30 mil over the next 3 years. I don't think that is all that bad for a mobile passing big man who can shoot. I've never bought all the talk about how Raef is untradeable.

From: "A. K." <karadag1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Enrile, Roy" <renrile@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: bewildered
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:57:30 -0800 (PST)

I don't think Raef is better than Blount when you compare with what they make. We can find a
better player in free agency with his 70 million salary. Rookies, Jiri, Ricky, Paul, Mark and
Chris Mihm should be protected. Raef and Chucky make too much to protect. Does still anyone think
E. Will is better than R. Davis? What a steal!

Abdullah

--- "Enrile, Roy" <renrile@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Just because Blount had one great game with out of character numbers, > he's not a different/better player and I wouldn't protect him over > Lafrentz. Honestly Bruno would have scored 20 last night with the way > Steven Hunter ran away from Blount every single time to help others on > D. Mark just made open layups, nothing special. I'm proud of him for > the rebounding though(thanks for the team motivation Brandon). > > The reason Raef should be protected first, is he's the better player in > every category and always will be. He's more mobile and coordinated, > has always had better hands, and rebounded better than Blount. Plus > he's reliable for spacing the floor so Pierce/Davis can play a midrange > game w/o being crowded. > > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf > Of Wright, Cecil > Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:38 AM > To: celtics@xxxxxxxx > Subject: RE: bewildered > > I think that Raef must be left unprotected. It's a tough call on > Chucky/Banks. I'm not sure Danny will want to leave his #1 pick > available to be plucked, especially after having said that it takes > point guards a few years to blossom. > > On the list below, I would insert Blount as a keeper and remove Raef. > > Cecil