Re: Ainge WEEI Comments Today

> his numbers embelleshed there in Sacramento.
> BS: Songaila playing well
> A: Told by Celtics coaches that he couldn't play in the NBA;
> told by coaches that Walter McCarty was a better player;
>  Coach and GM need to be on the same page.

I find this troubling as well. Hasn't he always claimed to be a very hands on
guy. Now he distances himself from one of his first deals. Blaming it on the
coaching staff. Using the same I had nothing to do with it that he did with
the vaker situation after the suspension hit the 10 game mark. Are we really
expected to believe that as a gm you haven't taken the time to be fully
briefed as to what is going on with a player you owe 35 million dollars to?
     I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bothered by that. I mean really!
What kind of an excuse is that?  And why does he think he needs excuses
anyway?  He's the guy in charge. All he has to say is that he felt the team needed
a different type of player at PF and that we ended up with Brandon Hunter out
of the deal, who is undeniably the rebounder we needed. But then Ainge was
never thrilled with Hunter either, was he?   I've got to admit, I've been
bothered by a lot of things Danny has been saying lately.  I still don't believe he
wants to coach this team, but he's making Carroll's job almost impossible.

                           TAM