----- Original Message -----
From: "gene kirkpatrick"
> I think this team needs less an infusion of talent and more the time to
develop cohesion.  Sure, we would like an Okafor as the stackpole in the
middle, but we are more likely to groom Mihm and Perkins for the future than
get a certifiable big guy.  We also could use a veteran PG, but we might
have just gotten one--Adkins could be the leader who gives way to Banks in
time.  In between we have a great 2/3 surplus in Davis, Welsch and Pierce.
They're hard to beat.  Remember the fawning over Ginobli of the Spurs:  why
couldn't we get someone like that?  Well, we did.  I think Welsch is all
that and more.  That leaves us with PF.  Is Hunter the man for all seasons?
I think he will likely need a backup 6' 10" defensive rebounder, or be the
back-up to that person.  He is not Barkley-light, he's Barkley heavy.  So, I
don't see gaping holes anymore.  We mainly need to play these guys and be
patient.  Remember, Raef is a glue guy, a basketball player.  I like our
talent level.

> Now, that doesn't mean we don't need more talent.  We always do.  And I
would hope we get a C/PF wonder in the draft, who can come in with 15-20
minutes of wowzah!  That's our greatest need, if we hold on to Adkins.  The
coming draft isn't as crucial as the last one, imo.  If we did well with
Banks and Perkins, we're in good shape for a long time.