Tommy blasts Obie's "system"

Tommy really sounded off on Obie last night and him not practicing/teaching
offense. I am interested in what you Obie supporters think of Tommy at this
point....

Also, although Obie had mentioned before that they don't practice free
throws, fastbreaks and really focused on defense, I always assumed that they still
practiced the offense over the last couple of years. However, Tommy really
disputes that. Although the results (low scoring, no cutting, no passing, no
offensive fundamentals, no fast breaking, medicore free throw shooting) would back
it up, I would find that truly amazing. In my experience of coaching and be
coached, we would focus on offense and its fundamentals 75% of the time. It is
no wonder that Obie had difficulty developing players that were offensively
challenged because the Cs spent so little time at it. It all makes sense but I
wouldn't have believed it....

I, like Tommy, are still trying to come to grasp why Carroll only played
Mihm, who was working really hard, 14 minutes and went with Walta at the
powerforward and Obieball. The only thing I can come up is that he felt they had to
reach bottom and he needed to prove to everyone that Obieball doesn't work.....

DJessen33