Re: OH NO - not Shira, too - warning, too long

< Danny's deals have individually and collectively increased our talent
level.
To championship level? No, but unquestionably we're deeper and more
talented.  They've clearly reflected the core vision he's articulated, have
shown an eye to needs (even if you disagree about the best player to fill
that need), and an understanding that cap consequences create a ripple
effect beyond talent with any deal. >  - Soapbox Kim

Increased our (offensive) talent level and shown an eye to needs?  Please,
Kim,  do not overestimate our present talent. It simply is not that good.
What needs have been addressed? Are we not still missing the two most
critical athletic components (PG/PF) which even Ainge NOW acknowledges?

<BTW, you can argue the talent thing most with the Antoine deal, but IMO
you should also balance the way Antoine was likely to use his talent here
and his overall effect on the development of others.>  - Soapbox Kim

Agree. I was all for the Walker trade.

< Egg was wrong - you don't look at chemistry first. >  - Soapbox Kim

Here is what I said, Kim.

<<  ''Ainge has sold our team for helter-skelter athleticism when
    chemistry should have been a prime consideration.<''

I never ruled out athleticism, I merely suggested that character was
equally important and that Ainge had brought in athletes without
considering chemistry.  He has also bypassed character and defensive
intensity while focusing purely on offensive talent. I truly feel
you cannot win without chemistry/gutsy play in each and every game,
and that last night's debacle is a prime example of the so-called
athletes Ainge brought us.  No chemistry, no character, no team pride,
no defense... all facets of the game Danny has placed little emphasis
on and has stated he feels are overblown in importance.

< Right now there are real problems because this is a team whose two
natural leaders have been dealt away as part of a shell shocking series
of deals. >  - Soapbox Kim

So maybe you do understand what I am trying to say about character
after all?  Having re-signed Obie, should Ainge have then attempted to
support/supplement Obie's M0 with a stronger supporting cast or break
up our team by bringing in players who never could or would fit into
Obie's scheme.  WHERE IS THE LOGIC TO DANNY'S ACTIONS?

< But there'd been no sign of Danny seeing that leadership void as a
concern, and you have to wonder how much that android quality might
have contributed to the difference in how insurmountable he saw the
philosophical differences gap between him and Obie and how Obie saw
it. Especially as that chemistry thing is clearly one of those
philosophical differences. >  - Soapbox Kim

Ditto above response.

< One of the more encouraging things about the teleconference call
yesterday is that Danny clearly is aware of this concern and considers
it valid enough to need addressing. Which he did in one sense - the word
chemistry was used repeatedly. >  - Soapbox Kim

Being AWARE of the chemistry concern isn't enough. Let Danny show us he
appreciates chemistry, not tell us now in retrospect he is concerned
about it.  Where has he demonstrated such sensitive concerns in any of
his moves?  If he had his way even now we would be Portland Eastesque ...
a team with <''athletic<<'' misfits like Rasheed, Bonzi, Griffin, Swift,
Abdur-Rahim, etc.  Step onto the Celt practice floor these days or
into their locker room and you just might begin to appreciate the damage
Ainge has done.  And you know what, better athletes will not necessarily
quickly solve our problems.  We might as well trade Pierce now, because
Ainge's tactics have just about killed him. Is that what Ainge was
hired to do ... remove every last bit of heart and the soul from our team
under the guise of making it better?  Aren't there less Draconian ways of
gradually improving a team especially when you have allowed yourself a
three-year window?

I will sum this up with:

Yes, we were all originally excited over the Ainge hiring and expected
Ainge to make some positive, aggressive moves for us.

Yes, most thought and probably rightly so, that when Toine was traded
it was a good move in the right direction.

Yes, many agreed that Obie was a stubborn, 2nd-rate bench coach
whose MO (along with Harter's) was obsolete.  The boring 3-point game
and the predictable defense.

Yes, many agreed that Williams and Battie were below average aging talents
while Davis and Mihm were on the brink of starry futures.  Fool's gold?

Yes, many felt Ainge's future vision of our team made perfect sense.
I did, too.  He sang a song we all wanted to hear.  He still sings it.  The
only problem is that his song has begun to sound off-key.  Where is the
the soul, the rhythm, the heart, the respect for others... just lots
of blues.  He has become as depressing to our franchise as the Ricktator
was... maybe even more.  And the frightening part is his full backing from
the naive owners who feel their hands-on Bball input is more important
to the players than that of the coach who they hired.  Why should any
coach put up with a GM who blatantly takes players aside in practice to
present them with a different approach as to that of their coach?
Too many voices, too much confusion, way too much disrespect.

We'll know in two years who had the right vision and who was
shortsighted ... Ainge or the media (who have not been in a position to
expose all the dirty laundry, fist fights, slammed doors, etc.).

Egg