The Pain

It's the end of the 3rd and I am feeling sick.  I am turning my attention to
writing because like a rattlesnake bite, I am hoping that this will purge my
system of the poison that is the Boston Celtics.  What a disappointing bunch
of frauds who pretend to be basketball players.  What did Jim O'Brien take
with him when he left.  Check Healthpoint, maybe it's in the training room!
The heart of this team is gone and so mine follows.

I've heard a lot about this brain doctor who can make generalizations about
athletes by how they perform.  I would suggest that it isn't the brain that
is the problem save perhaps for that of the G.M.  We need a heart doctor and
we need it now.

I remember the bad times.  When you looked forward to the next 10-day
contract player; you cheered Tommy Barker just because he tried; and you
knew, the Celtics weren't any good.  It was all right because the team
played as advertised.  Let's not kid ourselves or anyone else any more, this
team stinks.

Was coach O'Brien a miracle worker?  He shouldn't get the benefit of the
doubt either because we have here an example of his legacy; yes, the team
that he quit on.

Well, have I bailed on the team like some coaches?  I don't know.  All I
know is that coach O'Brien probably isn't cooking dinner and feeling that it
is going to be wasted because it's just coming back up when eaten.  Yes, he
isn't coming through that door; too bad though, other ex-Celtics did in the
form of a G.M. who has traded away Celtics pride.  During the long Pitino
years, there were bad decisions and bad teams but Rick Pitino would be
crying after this display; Danny will say that he doesn't care because he
knows and he has a plan.  Well Danny, you owe me a ruined dinner on this
day.

One final word, a championship should be the goal of franchises; but only
one team will achieve that each year.  Does that mean the other 28 teams
tank the season in hopes of getting there?

Richard

Email:     r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx
           richardq@xxxxxxxxxx
MSN:       r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx