Re: My first suggestion for Danny's Chris Mills trade

--- You wrote:
Is he available? He used to be. Memphis wanted out of that long-term
deal in order to be a free agent player. They have Earl Watson and Troy
Bell, so they can afford to deal him. Maybe Mills and a pick for
Williams?

That's my first shot. Thoughts?
--- end of quote ---

Yes, he's supposed to be near and dear Jerry West's heart, his pet project, so
I'm not sure how available he really is. If we COULD get him, I'd be for it,
because he's reall exciting to watch and, like you say, his passing is
infectious (though it's a lot easier to "infect" the likes of Divac, who was a
great-passing center before he came to the NBA).

--- You wrote:
By the way, I think Ainge probably is working on a Rasheed Wallace deal.
I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Rasheed is a great fit at the PF spot for
the Celtics. I don't see a good match there, unless a package featuring
Mills' expiring deal, another salary(ies) and Marcus Banks was involved.
If the Blazers really wanted Banks, they might do it. I don't think they
have a lot of attractive offers at this point. Not sure how I'd feel
about 'Sheed. He's a nut. He'd be hard to root for. I guess I hope it
doesn't happen, but I could be talked into it if he came over here and
played as hard as Ricky has.
--- end of quote ---

Well, I think his talent is just unbelievable, but he makes Ricky Davis look
like John Stockton. Besides, having two head cases on a team without a clear
leader could be a disaster. And I don't think we have what it takes to get him
anyway, unless Ainge wants to trade Pierce.
Kestas