Re: JB - still begging for a point guard

--- You wrote:
Yet 17 MPG is not near enough in the eyes of many even for a rookie PG.
Would it really help his development to start him or play him 35 MPG
or would that just either crush his psyche or make his <<''cocky<<'' tude
equal to that of Joe Forte's?  They are similar in many aspects.
--- end of quote ---

Cocky is good; Joe Forte-like, not so good. I just wonder whether Ainge will be
so quick to correct HIS mistakes, if it turns out that his judgment was wrong,
as he was to trade the previous regime's players?
Anyway, I know I've been harping about this (along with WayRay), but I really
hope they can snatch up Jasikevicius. He's a dazzling 6-4 PG and a very good
shooter, too. He's straight out of the Sacramento mold, which I think is what
Ainge is trying to accomplish. Btw, did anyone see the Kings-Spurs game last
night? What a pleasure to watch the Kings (and to a lesser extent, the Spurs)
play...The tempo of the game was so fast, and the level of basketball skill so
high... we haven't had anything like this around here for decades.

 --- You wrote:
Along the same rookie subject, should Hunter and Perkins be allowed
the 15-20 mpg some fans are clamoring for?  Would that actually help in
their development or would it merely be throwing them to the wolves?
A delicate psychological balance indeed when it comes to rookies.
High schooler Perkins seems to have lots of potential, but does that mean
he must play 15-20 mpg in his first year to properly nurture his
development?
--- end of quote ---

That's a valid question. I guess you try and see - if they perform better with
more minutes, you give them more, until their performance starts declining. But
Obie wasn't willing even to consider it, except in the case of Banks, where he
had little choice.
Kestas