Chad Ford Comments

Twonk (Boston, MA) : Chad, Should I come in from the ledge, or was Obie's resignation the final nail in the Celtics' coffin?

Chad Ford: (12:02 PM ET ) Twonk . . . please come in off the ledge. Things aren't that bad in Boston. The bad news is that now that Ainge has gotten his way, don't expect the Celtics to be back in the Eastern Conference Finals anytime soon. The good news is . . . well . . . Paul Pierce is still breathing. Please come in off the ledge.

Mike G. (Quincy, MA): Chad what is your opinion on what Danny Ainge is doing with the Celtics? I for one, think they have a bright future with good young rookies (Welsch, Banks, Perkins, Hunter) and solid young vets (Mihm, Davis, LaFrentz) to complement Pierce. Not many people around here are very optimistic right now though.

Chad Ford: (12:05 PM ET ) I'm a huge fan of Ainge as a player and a coach. I've been less impressed with his stint as GM, but am willing to give him time to realize his vision. I do like that Ainge knows what he wants and doesn't waste anytime doing it. I didn't, however, like his draft pick (Marcus Banks) or his two trades. While I agree that Antoine probably had to go, taking back Raef LaFrentz's awful contract was a huge price to pay -- even with Jiri Welsch. The other trade meant the end of Obie which is bade enough. I always liked Eric Williams and the intagibles he brough to the team. Ricky Davis . . . um, I'm not a big fan.