Re: ''You wonder where Ainge is taking the Celtics'' - MacMullan (Globe)

--- You wrote:
May I ask you, Kestas, just why you and so many other Celt fans have
bought into the Danny concept that our new additions are so good that they
can take us to the promised land?  I know, I know, Danny is not through
dealing, right?
--- end of quote ---

Here's why, Egg: they have the potential (with some additions to the roster).
I'm not saying it will be realized, but at least they do have it. The previous
roster didn't. You  have to reach a critical mass of talent in the NBA to even
have the *possibility* of competing for a championship. Sine qua non and all
that jazz.

In turn, let me ask you: why do you buy into Obie's PR firm's thinking that the
Eric Williamses of the world are what we need to take us to the promised land?
Why do you trust these sportswriters over people who actually know something
about basketball, like Tommy, Cooz, Ainge, McHale and others? Or even your own
senses? Don't tell me that you seriously think a team composed of a bunch of
Eric Williams clones - as great a "chemistry" guy as he is - is ever capable of
winning anything substantial. Guys like him are great at filling the gaps,
provided there are enough stars to fill those gaps around. Otherwise, the gaps
become wide expanses. You don't build a house out of joint compound, you only
fill gaps with it.
Kestas