Ricky Davis: Should He Be Exposed In The Expansion Draft?

I say yes.  He is of low enough salary and tantalizing enough talent, that I would
think Charlotte would have an interest, either to keep him or trade him off elsewhere.

And what's in it for the Celtics?  With Baker, Mills, and Davis off the books, the
Celtics drop below the cap and can make a better than Mid-Level-exception bid
for either Stromile Swift or Quentin Richardson. Swift, I imagine, gets re-signed
by the Grizzlies, but Richardson, with the Clippers in Kobe savings mode,
sees his offer not matched.

Or the Celtics could really go to town on Euro free agents: Jasekevicius,
Macijauskas, and Nocioni all could be signed between the available
cap space and the mid-level exception.

Or there's Mehmet Okur.  Though Detroit is likely to match up anything  to
about $10 M. for him.

Then there's Sheed.  He's worth a gamble and fills a need, and with few teams under
the cap, there may not be much competition for him.

Ray