RE: As Good As A Win

We lost because Detroit is a far superior team at this point. But under Obie's coaching, they lose by 30 tonight. Also, Billups and especially Atkins made some ridiculous shots in the 4th quarter. Without those 3-5 shots (some at the shotclock buzzer) that those 2 hit, the C's probably pull this one out.

Regardless, just amazing how different they looked tonight. They actually looked like a team tonight. They play that way against NY friday, and they blow NY out. There was movement, rebounding, and although I haven't seen the stats yet, it seemed as though Detroit got very few offensive rebounds. At least, it was a boatload less than we normally give up. Seemed like they fronted the post and blitzed very little. It was nice not to see Blount and Mihm running out to double team a PG. This team may just be watchable again.

P.S. - McCarty is the lone holdover. He needs to go. He's the last one left that makes you go 'uggghhh'. Made quite a few just plain dumb decisions. Not sure why Hunter didn't play more. I'm sure he will though. Maybe Carroll doesn't want him to go from 2 minutes to 20 minutes overnight. Sorta work him in slowly. The C's might have won had McCarty not played as much.

From: "ryan nelson" <ryanmnelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: As Good As A Win
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:03:28 -0500

Question for those who were able to watch the game.  Looks like we won
on the boards (is that a first for the season?) and shot a high
percentage from 3 (though took about half what we usually take), so how
did we lose?

Also, I see hunter played 6 minutes.  Why only 6?  Was he not effective?
Was he overmatched?

Thanks,

rmn