interesting assumption

Several (including newspaper columnists) have stated that O'Brien will surely get another NBA job or be the first on the list of candidates for other jobs.  I don't assume that.  I think it's like assuming that surely we could have gotten more for Antoine.  Yet this is a league that recycles a lot, is leery of college coaches, and often gives second chances.  I wish the coach well.

Still, I have long thought that some assistant coaches do best in that role and don't necessarily translate their basketball IQ to the head coach level.  A lot of us have acquired a dumpster full of basketball knowledge but few would have the expertise to lead a team beyond the level of a girl's church league (my own case, by the way).  O'Brien was unable to get a passing, running offense off the ground and he seemed too stubborn to infuse the rookies into the flow.  That's going to be hard to obscure on the resume.

Cheers, Gene