Obie on Dan Patrick Show (from ESPN message boards)

I can't believe I'm reposting something from the ESPN message boards.
I'm sick. Anyway, here it is... Obie was on the Dan Patrick Show today
and had the following to say:

"Timeline of coming to this decision: yesterday morning before he spoke
with Danny.

Why quit? He was felt overly frustrated dealing with a new team that
simply could not grasp his notion of working from the defensive side,
out and not letting the ball to the rim.

He doesn't have the players that can fulfill his defensive mission and
had no indication that he would have such players in the next two years.

He was in favor of the AW trade, but "didn't want TO GET RID OF HIM."

He did not want to lose the players in the 12/15 trade, but he feels RD
will take an unfortunate hit by his resignation. He feels bad for that
because he thinks RD is a very good player and could suceed if
surrounded by defensive players. His resignation is NOT a consequence of
the RD acquisition.

He thinks he will definitely get another job in the NBA.

When asked if he wants to coach again, Ob said "passionately!" He'd
coach tonight if he had the right players. He won't rule out college,
but prefers the NBA.

Danny told him from the outset that he wanted to change the team to get
more speed and movement, and OB thought he could live with the changes
to come, but when they came, he decided he just couldn't. He said he
should've been more open to this team's chances as constituted.

Agreed with DA's comments at press conferences and said there's no good
guy/ bad guy."

MY TAKE: These players "can't" play defense the way he wants to play?
It's been a little over a month since the EWill trade, and he already
has come to that conclusion? Or is he talking about the rookies, who
Ainge wants to see more of? If that's the case, every argument about
Obie's inability to develop players suddenly seems accurate.

The guy just couldn't or wouldn't adjust his SYSTEM. There are lots of
ways to play defense. Asking Kendrick Perkins to defend the pick and
roll the same way you'd ask Mark Blount to defend the pick and roll
isn't fair and isn't good coaching.

Mark

P.S. I'm guessing Paul Westphal won't be considered. I went back and did
some research on the guy, and the Seattle thing was an absolute mess.
His feuds with Payton and Baker were ugly. He came away really tainted.
Doesn't mean he's a terrible coach, but makes him tough to hire.