Re: He's gone... thoughts and looking ahead

Still browsing the latest posts and I haven't even had a chance to read the
Boston papers yet, but I wanted to respond to this before I forgot......

>>>C. Scott Wedman. Here's a dark horse. He's coaching in the
NBDL, I think. Not sure what his relationship with Ainge is like. McHale
plucked Saunders from the minor leagues, maybe Ainge will do the same.<<<<

Wedman is in his first year coaching the Kansas City Knights of the ABA and
doing pretty well.  He took over for Kevin Pritchard, who won the league the
last two years they played and sent more players to the NBA than any other ABA
coach.  Pritchard is now scouting for the Spurs. He took that job after the ABA
went on it's one year sabbatical.  But he has professed his love for coaching.
 He wouldn't be a bad choice either having played under both Larry Brown and
Roy Williams, still being close enough to both to get their input on coaching
matters by simply picking up the phone, and also having played for the Celtics
while Bird was still around.  I'll tell you, he had the Knights playing some
fun basketball.  I don't know that Danny would be willing to take a chance on
either right now with the way the media has been breathing down his neck.  I
think he'll probably go for someone safe with an already established coaching
name.

TAM