20.0% Byron Scott

18.2% Someone else

15.2% Dennis Johnson

15.0% George Karl

13.2% Doc Rivers

12.2% Mike Fratello

3.2% Doug Collins

3.1% Danny Ainge

My goodness.  Byron Scott?  Haven't any of these 4,548 people ever heard of
Celtics/Lakers when Scott played? Did they even know he did play?   Wow.
--- end of quote ---

They weren't born yet, and are probably not much into reading.

To join the next-coach debate, none of the choices above appeals to me, except
for 'Someone else' :). Ainge should know whether DJ is any good.Yet there must
be a reason why he hasn't had any serious job offers in the NBA, and it's not -
as much as he would like to believe so - due to abusing his wife. Also, Collins
is really smart, but seems to wear out his welcome pretty quickly. And I like
him a lot as a TV analyst  ;) Mark's choice of Westphal sounds good, and Ainge
should know him, as well as Sichting,  inside and out. Btw, I found an
interesting story about Sichting's rookie experience:
http://www.sexnet.com/gazette/sichting.html

Kestas