Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: The pressure is squarely on Danny Ainge now.

In a message dated 1/28/2004 7:25:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> By the same token, Steve, I would appreciate no cheering from you if the Cs > make the playoffs....
>
> DJessen33
>

> << And I appreciate not hearing any excuses, explanations, and/or bitching, > either, as to why the C's failed to even make the playoffs from those same > knowledgeable fans that know so much more than the rest of us. Because > absent a
> complete miracle, this team is now headed to Secaucus --
> again -- come May.

Oh make no mistake about it, DJ, if the C's DO make the playoffs I'll be the first one to publicly stand up and take my medicine for being wrong. I'm consistent if nothing else.

But how about yourself? Should we expect more chameleon like behavior from yopu between now and then based upon which side of the bed you wake up on a given day? At least the "Dump Obie" brigade have been consistent in their position . . . monotonous but consistent.

You have been less than consistent, though. One day it's "Obie is a genius!" and the next it's "Obie is the devil!".

After 3 or 4 games, it's "Welsch sucks and can't shoot!" and then it's "Welsch is a player. Ainge has an eye for talent!"

I mourn not for Obie. He'll come out of this with his reputation intact and quickly land another coaching gig. I mourn for the C's.