My turn for my 2 cents!!

1st, I am thrilled he is gone!!  Had to be done, should have been done in
offseason.

2nd, Obie is a good guy, no doubt.  Players love him, play for him.

3rd,  The one credit Obie got was his defense, .427 FG%.  I would argue
strongly that this is an illusion because when you factor in 2nd & 3rd chance
points from getting "killed" on the glass AS a direct result of his defensive
scheme, the FG% isn't nearly that low.  Which is better low FG% or fewer
points on the board???  I will take fewer points, more defensive rebounds and
fewer fouls any way.  I bet we are one of the worst teams in the league on FT
s taken compared to opponents. "Might be wrong here, haven't looked".

4th,  Without question Obie is one of the worst ever for developing players.
All the practice, off season stuff, etc  will never compensate for actual game
time experience. Never!!!

5th, Obie has his way and that is it, no matter what the personnel is around
him.  DA tried to make him change by changing players but it didn't work.  His
entire offense is geared on 3s, his entire defense is geared on double teaming
the ball regardless of who has it.  Can you imagine Shaq, Duncan, Ben Wallace
at the top of the key double teaming pt. guards???  No, you wouldn't because
this isn't taking best advantage of their skills.  Mihm could be a very good
player, but not if he is on the bench and not if he isn't under the basket.
Obie is just a little better than a .500 coach folks.  It isn't like he won 55
or 60 games in the years when he had his roster intact!!  His scheme probably
makes average players look a little better than they are "see McCarty" and
good players look worse than they really are  "see just about everyone else!!"
For you folks saying this is wrong to get rid of a successful coach, is a .500
coach really what we should be settling for??  Not me!!

6th, Obie is not a good Xs & Os coach.  How many times do we turn the ball
over running a play immediately after a called time out??  How many times does
Obie fail to adjust during a game when the other team adjusts??

7th and last.  I honestly don't know who I want for coach.  None of the known
names out there do it for me.  I do want an uptempo, offensive minded coach if
nothing else to make the game fun and enjoyable to watch.  The weeks to come
should give us a good look at what Ainge thinks this team should be like.
Expect much more of Banks, Hunter, Mihm & Perkins and hopefully a faster pace,
with less 3s, and a much simpler defensive scheme.  We will look bad for a
while.  Count on it, but I still think we can easily make the playoffs this
year in the JUCO league and that is about all we could count on before "any of
these shakeups" happened.

At least a new air of excitement has come again.  I just couldn't stand to
watch anymore.   Troy