Re: Obie's real sin

<He's gone because his system was more important to him than his players. He
did not have the ability, or the will, to change his system to one that
would maximize the skills on his team. >

This is why Pitino couldn't make it in the pro's.  IMO.  Wasn't it Bird who
said 3 years is the term for a coach?

Who is available that can lead a pro team and make use of the skills of the
current players on the team?

The lottery worked out for SA when Robinson was out injured.  Having
LaFrentz and Baker out may provide similar benefits.  Maybe not.  I still
liked the way the team ran before being forced to go back to standing around
shooting 3's like the past few games. The defensive rebounding design was a
failure.  The offensive design was a failure.  Like the last few drafts
compared to 2003's, any change is a step forward when you can't go backward.

I still like not having to watch Walker walk up the floor whining while the
rest of the team played 4-on-5 defense.

Maybe my glasses are rose colored,  I still prefer what I saw when they ran.
I expect that will start again.  Good.

<Jim
---