Re: who will replace him?

--- You wrote:
Finally!  I couldn't even write about the Celtics any more.
Sorry to see Harter go, though; I hope there is another
high-powered defensive assistant to replace him.  For
the head coach, though, they'll probably get somebody
offensive-minded, hopefully someone like Donnie Nelson.
Cowens would be the right choice to instill toughness.
I don't want to see these guys go back to being defensive
pushovers.  Nor do I want to see them chaff under a "prussian
general."  I hope Danny has someone good in mind.
--- end of quote ---

It sounds to me like this was a meeting of the "same page" inhabitants gone
awry, and not something planned. Though of course the PR firm could be lying. I
think DA will just go with a coach he can control (John Carroll) for the rest
of the year, look at players, and then find the permanent replacement over the
summer.

It's just ironic that Obie's reign as the longest-tenured coach in the EC
lasted all of two days.

Kestas

PS I have to revise Mark's motto now:

"Gaston, Wallace, Walker, Obie, McCarty"  :)

Though McCarty doesn't have to be traded now, he can just be stashed at the end
of the bench.