Re: Thoughts on the Bucks game

At 10:29 AM 1/14/2004, Kestutis Kveraga wrote:
<snip>...On the bright side, Blount had 13 rebounds (I didn't
think he was capable of it) and scored well. He's made a lot of progress in the
last few years, that's for sure.

Don't laugh, but I think you can give Mihm some credit for inspiring Blount's most recent surge in rebounds. He was going after them at the beginning of the year, but gradually regressed to some of his old passiveness. But I've seen him being more aggressive again lately -particularly on the boards and with a few emphatic blocks- with the timing matching Mihm getting more minutes and applause from the home crowd. Presumably the key is that he has some real competition for minutes at center (vs Obie just playing guys like Walter out of position there) and for the starting position.

Kim