Re: kedrick

Mmm. People talk about people meant to be lifelong assistants and never head coaches, but never about guys who are meant to be lifelong scouts not GMs - i.e. decision makers. Which I think is the case with Wallace. I've heard him talk about players and hoops enough so that he clearly isn't as clueless as Cs fans might have a right to assume. I'm betting his input might have value, so long as someone else is evaluating it and looking for where his enthusiasm got in the way of his sense and using it as only a piece of the picture, not the entire picture. Then making the decision including it, not based on it. I've worked for people like that - not the total idiots they might appear, just not good decision makers. Small picture people not big picture people. Nothing wrong with it, and both necessary (big picture people need good small picture ones they can trust) so long as they aren't in the wrong job. And yes, Kyper might well be another one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Brown <browney2o@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 14, 2004 10:52 AM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kedrick

<snip>....As for Wallace I think every Celtic fan has a bone to pick with
him, but doesn't his track record prove something else too.  He was the
founder of the scouting magazine blue ribbon basketball, so he was a sort of
expert on the draft or should have been but when it came time to go shopping
for the groceries he forgot his list at home.  Just makes you think what a
guy like Mel Kiper JR would do if put in a war room...