From: Mark Piotrowski <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 12, 2004 4:58 PM
To: Celtics <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Thought for Milwaukee game

This is probably why I'm not a head coach in the NBA -- that and I
don't dress nicely enough -- but if I'm O'Brien I'd throw everyone a
curveball tomorrow night.

I announce the starting lineup of James - Pierce - Welsch - Baker -
Mihm (who i think should start -- in 8 less minutes he avg 1 more
rebound, 1 less point, same blocks as Blount (who is the perfect backup
C)).  Then I say that for the first 12 minutes I want everyone to make
every effort to get the ball to Vin on the blocks.  Get him 10-15 shots
in the first quarter and just run him to death.

Why?  I'd assume that Baker's confidence can't get any lower, and
Milwaukee doesn't have an imposing front line (Joe Smith, Brian Skinner
and Dan Gadzuric).  It's a mind-game of the positive stripe.  Baker
probably isn't in a position to make it longer than about 6 mins right
now, but it sends a signal that while he's got a ways to go -- he's not
off this team yet.  Also a way to save some legs for the 2nd game of
the Back-to-Back (with Houston Wed.)

just a thought.  It'd be more interesting than seeing the headless
chicken run around like a, uh, chicken with his head cut off.

(the other) mark

p.s. I vote for Yao Mihm.  makes me laugh.

pps.  Anyone catch that the C's are 5th in the NBA in both FG & 3pt %?