Re: Mihm

> At 11:14 AM 1/8/2004, Kestutis Kveraga wrote:
> >Kim wrote:
> Then you'd be wrong. What he actually said was that he couldn't
> remember  the last time someone did it in a full game.

Sure, but he also mentioned the 23 minutes - twice. The context was that Mihm did in 23 minutes and John couldn't remember the last time someone had done it in a "complete game" (meaning, presumably, 30+ minutes). Actually, the last double-digit rebound game before last night was also by Mihm, on Monday, and in only 18 minutes. But why don't we ask the source himself? What WAS your point, JOHN?

> Are you saying he's NOT limited? I didn't say compared to anyone,
> that's  your twisting what I said into something different.

No, I'm NOT saying that. Implying that he is LESS limited than Blount, McCarty, Battie, Stewart DOES NOT lead to the conclusion that Mihm has an unlimited offensive game, at least according to elementary logic. I don't know why you're trying to impute this obviously absurd conclusion to me.

> That being said, Blount has a more reliable jump shot and from what
> he  showed at the beginning of the season can get real assists, not
> something  I've seen evidence of with Mihm (hint: offense isn't just
> shooting). We're  not talking offensive behemouths in either case,
> but then that's not what I  claimed anyway.

Blount may be shooting jumpshots better than Mihm right now, but I doubt it will persist once Mihm gets comfortable (see Mark's post on that). Mihm also has a more developed postup game. Even with all the improvement in Blount (there's a guy whose work ethic McCarty should emulate), there's no question who's the better offensive player.

> >Well, I understand the virtue of it as well, but that doesn't mean
> I can  >execute it.
>
> Wow. Thank you for explaining that. I never could have figured it
> out on my  own..

You're welcome :)

> I agree to some point but also believe there is a fundamental
> difference in  their approach to using what they do have. True with
> the rebounding too,  which has always had a lot more to do with
> timing and effort and boxing out  than leaping or height per se.

Certainly, it's a combination of all those, but being a good leaper has never heard anybody in those endeavors, as long as it doesn't lead to lack of fundamentals. And I think Chris has both.

> And
> yes, that last point has occurred to me  already. Along with noting
> that this is the first time I can recall the Cs  making deals that
> increased the number of white players on the team that  have not
> lead to outraged cries of racism all over the place.

Maybe it's because they're better than most of the players we have/had?
Kestas