Re: Baker's relapse - WAIT A MINUTE!!

Under the collective bargaining agreement, you're probably right.  But is
there some separate "rehab contract" between Baker and the Cs?  I bet that there
is, and that Vin violated THAT, and that under the terms of this side deal he
faces a 3-day suspension for ... something.  Remember that the union's
complaints about the suspension last year quietly disappeared, probably because Baker
and his family knew that Vin had a major problem demanding major correction.
Of course, his sin here may well be drinking.  I just objected to the post
which questioned how long the drinking had been going on as if it were a given
that it is drinking.  To change an old cliche, the question is whether he has
started drinking, not when he started.

In a message dated 1/6/2004 8:01:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,