Re: Pi-stoned

Kestas wrote:

Btw, just to clarify the authorship, the tagline isn't my idea. It is based on
what someone (I think it was you, Mark, but I'm not 100% sure) wrote once:
"Gaston, then Wallace, then Walker, then Obie" . It gives me great hope. A
couple of years back, who would've thought 3 out of those four would be gone?
(Well, OK, Wallace is still technically here, but effectively in Siberian
exile).

Yep, that was me. And it's also what keeps me going on nights like last night. I am completely confident that Ainge was just as repulsed as most of us by last night's performance. I'm sure he has noticed the change in the offense. He won't put up with it. We've seen him get his way over and over again. He's imposing his will on the team through roster moves, and he'll do the same thing with Walter. One way or another, sooner or later, Walter will be gone. And Obie will follow, eventually. I just hope he's scouring the globe for bright offensive minds who might be a good fit as Celtics coach.

Anyway, there's very little that Ainge has done that I'd do differently, even in hindsight. The two glaring things: I would have fired Obie this offseason and I never would have brought back Walter. The only other thing might be the Banks draft pick, and even that's up in the air.

Mark