Re: Pi-stoned

Peter Delevett wrote:

Can anybody tell me why, playing a team with lots of
big bodies, Obie gives Mihm just 18 minutes?

Yes, Obie in his postgame Q&A session. He said the Pistons were just too tough in the middle so they basically decided to concede the inside and shoot threes. For that, they need a "mobile 4-man" - i.e., Waltuh. For those of you who didn't love Waltuh tonight (and that included Tommy, who basically stated that Waltuh's game is killing the Celtics - something we've been saying here all along), help is on the horizon. Obie said that once Jumaine Jones gets better in a week or so, he'll help Waltuh out as another mobile, three-shooting PF.

That reminds of Obie's coaching dictum #27:
"Always go along with what your opponent wants you to do."

It's nice to see that practice time produced the desired results - tonight's game was a tour de force of Obieball. Four stationary 3-point shooters around the perimenter and a "blitzer" center, 34 three-point attempts, sub-30% shooting. If that's not Obieball, I don't what is.
With more practice time scheduled this week, we can expect more brilliant performances of this kind.

I hope Grousbeck, Pagliuca et al. are liking what they see out of their $9M coach. Wondering on any given possession whether you'll get hit by a stray Waltuh three-pointer is sure titillating and well worth the investment.

The honeymoon is over for Waltuh on the court - now he's playing real minutes, is actually being guarded, and not surprisingly, has found his true NBA level. It's not as bad it was tonight, but it's not much better. If Tommy, of all people, can see it, anybody can. Except for Obie, that is.

Baker's mojo and his treatment by Obie sure reminds me of last year an awful lot. Pierce's comment that "we haven't had a low-post option since I've been here" was very revealing indeed.

Kestas

"Gaston, Wallace, Walker, Obie"