Re: ESPN.com - NBA - Sources Knicks to acquire Marbury in trade

Wow. My first instinct is this is a great deal for the Knicks. It certainly depends on how those draft picks pan out, but they'll have to be pretty darn good to be better than Marbury. The Knicks would seem to have a great chance at the playoffs with this move. If they make it, those draft picks don't look that good.

Phoenix basically gets the picks and Vujanic. Maybe he's great. I have no idea. He better be. I just don't see how this makes sense for Phoenix. They're putting all their eggs in the free agent market, and we've seen time and again how that strategy is shaky at best. Cap room is great, but it's no guarantee.

Strange trade. Marbury isn't my ideal point guard, but he's pretty darn good. The Knicks add him and don't give up much of anything. The Suns seemed to be building something, but instead start rebuilding again. Just strange.

Mark