I think Danny screwed up

This is something I never understood. Accordingly to Hoopshype, Hunter is on
a two year contract which I think puts him in the same boat. If this is true,
why would you ever sign a player to anything other than a three year contract
when he is making the minimum? If the guy doesn't turn out, you just waive him
and you would only lose a million at the most. But is he does turn out and
you are limited on what you can offer him, just plain poor planning. I think
Danny screwed up here....

DJessen33

<< Feather-in-cap
 kudos go to Cleveland general manager Jim Paxson, who quietly signed Carlos
 Boozer to a three-year contract when the power forward from Duke slipped
into the
 second round of 2002 draft. As a result, Cleveland doesn't have to sweat
 losing Boozer like Golden State did with Gilbert Arenas, and like San
Antonio and
 Detroit are sweating now with Manu Ginobili and Mehmet Okur, respectively.
 Because Ginobili and Okur originally signed two-year deals, their teams are
 limited in the amount they can raise those players' salaries unless they are
under
 the salary cap. Which is why the Spurs and Pistons have been maneuvering so
 frantically to be well under. ... Sacramento's Vlade Divac, on his recent
flurry
 of games with double-digit dimes: "I can't jump, but I can assist."  >>