Re: The remaining games

Hunter:  Get in there and grab some boards, but make sure you don't give it
your best.  We want to tank.
Chucky:  Get in there and help our guys learn the proper way to run a fast
break and move the basketball, but make sure you don't do it too well.  We
want to tank.
Pierce:  Get in there and get us some points, but make sure you miss alot
too.  We want to tank.

C'mon people.  There is no way on earth that these athletes want anything
less than the playoffs and that is precisely where their heads should be.
Show me a player who would rather miss out on the playoffs and I'll show you
someone I don't want on the Celtics.  If management wants to pay out
millions of dollars, I doubt that they would not want the added playoff
revenue.  Wyc may correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember sending a message about Hunter when we drafted him saying I hope
this meant the end of the last 7-foot stiff we had (Bruno) because I knew
Hunter would turn into the best rebounder on the team after having seen him
play.  You cannot teach effort like his.  You either have it or you don't.
You don't lead the nation in rebounding a couple years by fluke, not with
the level of desire and commitment it takes to excel at that aspect of the
game.

If Carroll doesn't frig up the substitution patterns completely, I would not
be surprised if this team makes the playoffs...something that each player
should be setting as their goal.

Cecil