RE: "It's not only shortsighted, it's obstinate."-Globe

Speaking of inaccurate....

JJ WAS under Obie's watch.

And as far as minutes for McCarty -- they exploded after the Davis trade,
which as I recall was the point when Wyc said that the coaching staff
basically went on strike (an assessment I can agree with). If you want to
discuss when Obie's "obstinacy" became untenable, I suggest you focus on
that the time frame after that trade, and not try to whitewash or obscure
the extent of the "coach revolt."

Also I think your taking the the "40 minutes" comment far too literally,
which fails to credit the point of the comment, something I think we all can
understand. And in any case, McCarty's minutes actually dropped under
Carroll -- even before the Hunter experiment got off the ground. McCarty's
minutes reached their zenith under Obie during the "coach revolt." I know, I
went back and reviewed the numbers.

Finally, I don't recall Ainge singling out any particular person (Obie) in
his comments -- that "interpretation" was interpolated into the quote by the
reporter.

<< "Another key to the vision is a greater emphasis on developing young
 players," said Ainge, defending himself against O'Brien's army of
 supporters. "I feel like players like Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups
 should be able to develop.">>

Ainge was instead quite clearly talking about different visions or
philosophies not individuals, and given that, it makes perfect sense for him
to talk about Chauncey. Although it may be very tempting to read every
comment Ainge makes about his vision as a personal slam against Obie
(particularly given the current press obsession with the "noble coach"
trope), I would caution against it. It leads to an inaccurate reading of
what Ainge actually said.

Now if you *really* feel the urge to slam Ainge, I humbly suggest you look
up what he says about Neidnagel. No need to distort or "frame" his quotes
with regard to that matter.

Cheers - TomM