rumors

1. From Real GM message boards --

Ok don't shoot me I am just the messanger and it was reported on Phoenix radio.
The guy is a big mouth but he DOES have good sources.

I am putting it short.

- Phoenix is #1 on Kobe's list, not that big of a surprise the rumor was there before

- Kobe and TMac want to play together and TMac wants the Suns to keep capspace for him to sign in 2005 or

- The Suns should trade for him, didn't elaborate on this but I guess Orlando would have to think about Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson and a top 5 pick for TMac possibly, the Suns could still just sign Kobe

Don't shoot me, I know it sounds ridiculous but the guy who reported it on the phoenix sportstalk show does have good inside sources and he defended his source.

Maybe it wouldn't sound that ridiculous if the media rivalry between TMac and Kobe wouldn't be there.

Anyway can you just imagine? Amare, Kobe and TMac

This could just be idle chatter -- but it's intriguing for Pheonix and the talent-starved Orlando would definitely have to do that trade: McGrady --> Marion, JJ + one other player (to make money work) and #5 pick (to go along with the #1 pick) for McGrady

2. Lets assume -- just for giggles -- the DO do this deal, here's they're lineup:

PG: Tyronn Lue / (Shaun Livingston - #5 pick)
SG: Joe Johnson / DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Shawn Marion / Pat Garrity / Keith Bogans
PF: Juawan Howard / Drew Gooden / DeClercq
C: Emeka Okafor / Steven Hunter / Z. Pachulia / Rooks

All of a sudden Orlando's become one of the best teams in the East --- though they're a bit thin at PG.

So...with Marion able to play the 4, Howard and Okafor both the 4 and 5 -- could we maybe swing a deal for Gooden -- maybe say Chucky Atkins + Michael Stewart + Detroit's #1 for Gooden + DeClerq + Garrity?

I guess this would need some more work -- but with Marion on board Gooden becomes even more expendable.

(the other) mark