Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Does anyone watch the Kings?

I watched a little of the second half of last night's Kings/Laker game and I
saw nothing in Songaila. In fact, the announcers compared him to Menvadecko
and then later said he was basically a veteran, having played overseas and with
four years of college. He is just a big body that moves pretty well, knows how
to use his body and can do everything with a little bit of success. And he
seems to play a ton of minutes. Now that makes him better than our Walter but
IMO, he is backup who has already tapped out. I guess he could pull a Brad
Miller and continue to improve but I would bet on another horse with better odds
and God-given potential.....

DJessen33

<< Because Stein (of ESPN.com) in an article tacks on this mild slap at D.
Ainge
 for dealing Songaila and in an Aldridge chat somebody asks about Ainge
knowing
 anythign about Songaila implying a maybe did Ainge know anything at all type
 question, which Aldridge didn't bite so much (he waited until the next
question
 which directly asked if Ainge had the proverbial clue, and answered by openly
 questioning the viability of Ainge's clued-in-ness), but he (Aldridge) says:
 something about Songaila playing well, if I remember correctly.

 So to my subject line question has anyone seen much of the Kings because I
 wonder what Songaila is doing so well (while not duly-enough noted by Stein
that
 he PLAYS WITH AND THEREFORE BENEFITS from the BEST TEAM in the L) doing so
well
 out there in Sactoland. Brandon Hunter's played one game. Fared well against
 lets say average/mediocre competition. But he's got some potential, without a
 doubt. Where is the mention of this? Where's a little evenhandedness from two
 guys who in the medium spectrum I think are fairly evenhanded.

 And you know, I'm not first in line for an Ainge bashing but I like to go to
the
 show oncein a while--Except this frothing national media hammering that
Danny is
 absorbing is really taking all the fun out of it. It's just too absurd, it's
Too
 Much Fun For Everyone. If we can't bash our own guy on our own, what else
have
 we got (at least for this year)? My last hope is that Tim Thomas continues to
 stink it up so New York and its vaunted media can direct the national upper
 management bashing light onto that orphan who truly deserves it Isiah,
himself.

 I'm going to leave it at that.

 mike >>