Re: Hunter's D

--- You wrote:
Actually, I bet Hunter would have been excellent even in the Harter
defense eventually.  I was watching closely how he would guard a
tall/tricky/mobile PF like Kukoc.  His lateral movement, and desire
closing out on jumpshots was surprisingly, a lot better than Walter or
EW.  Didn't even need to handcheck to stay with guys driving on him.

If he keeps playing with this intensity, sure, I can see him being a
long term answer against a Zach Randolph, or even a Kenyon type.  Trees
like Jermaine/Rasheed be more difficult for him.  He's more of a monster
than other short widebodies (Corliss Williamson, Fortson) because of his
explosive leaping, and quickness.
--- end of quote ---

I agree with these observations. Yeah, he's short, but he has long arms and BIG
hands. He's sort of like Barkley in terms of physical gifts, only stronger in
the upper body. What surprised me was his passing ability. I didn't know he
also saw the floor well.

--- You wrote:
With our 3 rooks, Danny proved he has an excellent eye for kids with
legit NBA physical tools and raw talent.  I think he and BrainDoc also
did well judging their temperments(sorry Kestas :) ).
--- end of quote ---

Hey, con man or not, if he can identify players with the right personality, I'm
all for it. I'm not rooting for the "braindoc" to fail just because he's a scam
artist and I said so. If it's good for the Cs, I'm happy. Of course, the
question is, how much he influenced Ainge to pick/sign Hunter and draft the
others.

--- You wrote:
 All 3 look like
hard workers, yet not too cocky like Forte/Toine.  I'm fairly confident
now that the C's can find steals with the next 3 draft picks.
--- end of quote ---

Maybe that's why Ainge loves draft picks - he feels confident that he can pick
out the good ones, even late in the 1st and in the 2nd round.
Kestas