Re: Celtics had a growth spurt

Shawn wrote:

How many times per night do we see him driving and 3 or 4 defenders
converge on him and hit him while he is in the air with no whistle?

I think you've answered your own question. Officials see Pierce driving
wildly into a crowd of defenders and throwing his body into them to get
bailed out. They don't reward that kind of play for anyone. Pierce is
out of control during his drives to the basket far more than most stars.
Watch Kobe. Watch Iverson. They're under control. Pierce too often puts
his head down and throws his body at the rim, defenders in the way or
not. Officials don't reward that kind of play and never have.

Mark