Why push so hard?

A few people question why we should root for the C's to do as well as
possible this season, instead of hanging it up until next season.

My response:

Eva Cassidy, Harry Chapin, Charles Schulz, Kelly Waymire, James Blish, Jim
Croce, James Dean, Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, and Walter Brown.

Just a few examples of people taken while in the midst of doing what they
loved doing.  Some at a young age, others in later years.  Gone from
illness, accident, or stupidity, but gone nonetheless.

But they never seemed to me to be the kind of people who put off trying
hard until next year.

Neither am I.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle