New coach

The mess this season has become puts some parameters on the next coach.
I don't think you can get away with a "players' coach" at this point.
You need someone with some discipline. I DO NOT mean one of those
defensive-minded Van Gundy types. I'm thinking of someone like Jerry
Sloan (not JS of course, but someone like him), who maintains discipline
while not abandoning offense.

I think this might eliminate a guy like Westphal. Maybe he has changed,
but he was a pretty laid-back guy. I just don't think this team is made
up of the kinds of guys who can be left alone to their own whims. They
need a firm hand. Young teams always do.

I don't know who it will be, but I think we're learning the kind of
coach it CAN'T be.

Mark