Re: The luster is off the Knick rose - Vescey

Come on Mark, don't cloud the issue with facts.  "but at the end of the day
(or season as it were) are the Knicks going to win a title before us?"  Why
would winning a title be important when you can just watch the same group
"almost" be winners year-after-year?

I'm sure some were so impressed with what Thomas did with the CBA league
that they believe he will translate that "success" to the Knicks.  We can
only hope, but he is off to a good start with it.   With a payroll at 150%
of the Celtics (highest in the league)  and no draft picks for a while,
Thomas is doing a bang up job of not getting to the finals anytime soon.
Exec of the year anyone?

Of course Ainge hasn't failed at anything as miserably as Thomas has, but
hey, those are just more facts to ignore.

<Jim

<< The Knicks, who were the media darlings, have come back to earth.
If Isiah reaches for Baker, you know they are really getting desperate....>
- Jessen

>A bit envious of the Knicks are you because good old Isiah has so far
>>proven to be a bit more clever than our own Danny in gradually
>>rebuilding a team without resorting to completely gutting it first
>>in his championship-driven quest?  And watch out for the 6-17
>>pre-trade inept Cleveland who has recently rushed ahead of us in
>>the standings with a 17-17 post-trade record, while our 12-12 .500
>>pre-trade record has dissolved to 23-35, 11-23 since the trade.
>>Egg

>The Knicks are fools gold. I salute (begrudgingly) Isaiah on the job he's
done, but at the end of the day (or season as it
>were) are the Knicks gonig to win a title before us? Doubtful that a
87-year old Mutombo, heartless Tim Thomas and a
>disappeared (to Dallas) Kurt Thomas can handle any front line in the West.
Their salary cap situation means they won't be
>able to add significant talent over the next few years and will be without
a few draft picks they lost in the Marbury deal
>(which was a terrific move nonetheless). They're going to be where we
were -- 4-7 seed every year, pull an upset or 2, then >exit the playoffs.
Yawn.

>The other Mark.

---