From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
HMURDOCH@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 11:33 AM
To: Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx; celtics@xxxxxxxx;
Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Emptying out my Celtic mind

In a message dated 2/22/04 7:05:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> Mihm continues to show the game he is going to have in the future. He had
> nice game.....

First : regarding your comments on the team in general - I was going to say
all that ;-)  Well, some of it .. But re: your comments on Mihm :

Mihm has some obvious attributes, like size (really tall ;-), speed down the
court, reasonable agility for someone his size, good hands, the ability to
really slam the ball through the hoop due to his jumping ability, and he
acts
like he actually wants the ball on rebounding.  But one thing he showed more
of
in the Portland game was some nice shooting away from the basket.  Since
he's
arrived in Boston, he's taken a lot of shots that looked like they ought to
go
in, but often haven't.  I was hoping that he really could shoot, and was
just
taking some time to adjust.  Last night he made some of those shots - a
turn-around jumper and a nice hook.  He also made another reverse layup
showing nice
ballhandling skill and avoiding a potential block.  (of course he then tried
to dunk in Theo's face and got blocked.  But I put that down to youthful
enthusiasm).

Anyway, I was hoping against hope that the rumors of trades involving Mihm
were wrong, as I just don't see why you would give up on a young still
developing 7 foot athletic guy with skills.  How easy are those to get ?  So
I'm very
happy to see that he's not only still here, but getting a lot more minutes.
Hope that continues.

Hank M.