Re: Don't get the detractors

Josh, I think Obie's "claim" that he offered to stay
the rest of the season has been pretty well
established, that is, if you believe what was written
at the time of O'Brien's resignation.  To recap:
O'Brien felt he couldn't be as offensive-minded as
Ainge apparently felt was needed.  Because of this,
O'Brien said he was going to step down at the end of
the year.  Upon hearing this, Wyc or Danny or both
said it would be best if O'Brien stepped down right
now, which O'Brien did.  So, yes, O'Brien did
impliedly offer to stay the rest of the year when he
quit on the team; because his actual resignation was
to occur at the end of the year, not in late January.
So if you really want to point to the turning point of
this year, it wasn't O'Brien's resignation per se as
much as it was the C's macho retaliatory stance which
said, "You wanna quit at the end of year?  Well, you
can quit right now if that's the case."  Typical macho
posturing, if you ask me.  Surely they must have known
the consequences that would result...yet they were so
indignant that someone would quit on them that they
purposefully put a match to the season.

Ryan