Re: Is it all worth it? and a question

In a message dated 2/21/2004 12:14:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ubiquitous_am_i@xxxxxxxxx writes:
As for your question (which is a good one), I would
say that Kendrick, Jiri, Ricky, Marcus and Paul will
be on the team by our next championship, assuming that
window is opened about 4-5 years from now (right about
the time that Shaq should be getting retired and
Duncan getting too old to dominate).
    I had sort of had some thoughts on this line, and you articulated them
for me.  One (of many) reasons that the Cs won't win a title this year is that
there are simply a few teams (LA, SA, SAC) who are simply the elite right now.
But that may be changing.  Malone's sudden ageing, coupled with Brant's and
Shaq's egos, may make this the last year for the Lakers.  Vlade isn't getting
younger and Webber is injured an awful lot, thus dimming the Kings' chances.
And what will the Spurs do without Robinson, who was a key, if minor, player?
    In the next 3-4 years, Minnesota and Indiana may be the hot teams, and by
then, the Cs should be ready to contend.