Ainge Comments

For those that dont have the game on TV, here is a rough commentary of what Ainge had to say when he sat in with Tommy and Mike during the game:

Chucky is an excellent point guard...upgrade at point guard.

Draft pick was huge...gives us more of a chance to get an impact player.

Draft has no Carmelo or Lebron, but lots of guys who could develop into stars down the road.

Its been more difficult to make trades than he thought - budgets drive things and patience needed. Cant be like Steinbrenner or Knicks. Not as much fun in that regard, but that time will come.

Lots of great things in young guys - lists them off and ages. Got basically a lottery pick and Raef back next year. Understands fan impatience.

Harder to find guys who can score than defend. Davis can score needs to get better defense. Same with Mihm. Welsch has experience and good coaching - can do both. We have best chance of becoming like Sacramento since we dont have a Duncan or Shaq. Hope you get lucky and get a Duncan, but cant plan on it.

Can get by with great defender poor offense at center - at all other positions needs to be an offensive player.

Focus on quickness, strength, and balance rather than bulk are key for players (talking bout Jiri).