RE: Done deal with Detroit

I agree.  It's a nothing trade so why do it unless you like helping Detroit get better.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Alex Caporicci
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:31 PM
To: 'Celtics'
Subject: RE: Done deal with Detroit

Please let there be another deal.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sean Giovanello
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:23 PM
To: Mark Piotrowski
Cc: Celtics

The Riktator strikes again....this feels like a Pitino deal...

Mark Piotrowski wrote:

>chad ford reports:
>
>Boston gets: Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and the Pistons first round
>pick this year.
>
>Detroit gets: Rasheed Wallace and Mike James
>
>Atlanta gets: Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura and the Bucks first
>round pick owed to Detroit.
>
>-------------
>
>I don't know -- Mills + James for Atkins, Hunter & Detroit's pick
>(currently #23)?
>
>Pro's:
>-------
>More playing time for Banks
>Maybe another deal in the works
>
>Con's
>------
>- by getting Wallace, pistons get better and their pick gets worse
>- best we coudl get for Mills?
>- Atkins has 2 years on his deal, James was a FA this summer
>- getting rid of James so quickly feels Pitino-esque
>- McCarty and Carrol stil here
>

>Overall:  James for Atkins + #1 pick is not too shaby i suppose
>
>(the other) mark

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."  113