Re: more Wyc - green team, greenback, green all the way

He said they offered the MLE last year to Karl Malone, but he turned them down, and he said this year there is a group of Free Agents they will offer it too.

He said that the group of owners has deep pockets pretty much and are willing to spend it.

This is great -- but there is a difference between spending wisely (see Detroit) and spending for spendings sake (see Philadelphia, Orlando). Which way wil we go?

There's been talk by Ainge and Wyc about the MLE this summer. i'm glad to hear it, but nervous about the prospects. Who is worth it? here's most of the possibilities -- see end of msg for the full list of FA's this summer (from Real GM)

Antonio McDyess -- with his health issues is he worth the gamble? maybe
Brent Barry -- worth the MLE? eh...
Carlos Arroyo -- good young PG but Utah will probably pay more
Darius Miles -- Portland probably lets walk with SAR on board, but again is he worth the MLE? maybe
Eric Williams -- winds up wherever Obie is huh? I'd welcome back gladly but I'm guessing Cleveland resigns him
Gordan Giricek -- doesn't fill a need, let someone else overpay
Keon Clark -- hasn't played all year, i'm begining to think he's this year's version of Yogi Stewart (flash-in the pan)
Manu Ginobili, Mehmet Okur -- someone pays much more for each (probably SA & Det respectively)
Rasheed Wallace -- all but signed, sealed and delivered to NY
Ron Mercer -- definitely regressed, we don't really need another SG/SF
Stromile Swift -- may become unrestricted FA if left unprotected in expansion draft; I'd give him the MLE i guess, but someone will overpay for him I'd also guess
Toni Kukoc -- is it worth it at this point? why wouldn't he stay in Milwaukee?

Kenyon Martin, Jamal Crawford, Quientin Richardson, et al -- MLE won't fetch any restricted FA's

There are other players i wouldn't mind adding at the Vet Min (a la Erick Strickland a few years bakc, or the Lakers gave Malone) like Wes Person, Donnell Harvey, Michael Doleac as backups, but overall this Free Agent class is pretty weak.

(the other) Mark

-----------------
full list
-----------------