Re: Here's a trade to make

Josh, we need players, especially big men, and even more specifically
power forwards. Yes, Lafrentz will be back. But you need depth up front.
This team went into the season with Baker, Lafrentz, Blount and Battie.
Now they're down to Blount and Mihm, and neither guy is challenging for
an all-star spot. Juwan Howard certainly would be considered the
superior player by the rest of the league. I know you believe Perkins
and Hunter are the answers. I agree that Perkins, eventually, will be
the starting center and a good one. Hunter, who knows? Maybe Ainge sees
him as just a role player at best. If you can cash in an expiring
contract for a starting power forward, you have to do it. There's plenty
of time for Perkins and Hunter. If they're ready sooner than expected,
you can deal from strength. This gives you a productive player until the
kids are ready. This would relegate Walter back to the bench, if not out
of Boston altogether (hopefully).

This is a solid move. The team would be a point guard away from being
very competitive in the East. Unfortunately, those point guards are hard
to find. That's Ainge's job for the offseason.

Mark

Josh wrote:

I agree.  Taylor is as soft as goose down, and hasn't
played a lick of defense in his career.  Of the two, I
would prefer Malik Rose.  But trading for a starting
forward is dumb.  We will have a completely healthy
Raef LaFrentz next year.  Why is Ainge looking at these
band-aid trades?