Trade Talk Tuesday

- Despite Mr. Jessen's efforts at sending Celtics slop to Golden
State for Dampier and Van Exel, it looks like Jerry West
will offer a better package and obtain a legitimate center for the Grizzlies.
Good move, Jerry. I wish Ainge would make a big push for Dampier, but
I suspect the price is a lot higher than Chad Ford indicated.

- The Spurs have a Suns first-rounder from the Barbosa trade, lottery protected
of course. The Suns meanwhile have the Knicks pick; and Cleveland's choice,
lottery protected, but in use, should the Cavs make the playoffs.

- If I'm doing the dealing, I'm working out a trade for the Suns two acquired picks,
utilizing the Cash and Stash philosophy.  Cash in Mills and other contracts/
exceptions now, and use the choices on top Euro prospects you can stash
away for a couple of years. Or draft a couple of high-schoolers.
Besides, Jahidi White's and Yogi Stewart's contracts will be up after
next season, and you can trade them for something
of value this time next year.

Due to Marcus Banks, the point guard of the future, who isn't even the point
guard of the present, people around here probably question how much a rookie
PG can add to the team, but the truth of the matter is, if TJ Ford, Hinrich, or
Ridnour were here, things would be a lot smoother. That's why, I strongly urge
Ainge to take a PG in the draft like Felton or Nelson, both of whom should be pushed downwards because of Telfair and Livingston.

And of course, if the Celtics end up with a lottery pick, Telfair needs to receive
heavy consideration by Ainge, Banks or no Banks, as Telfair's being compared
to Isiah Thomas.

- Malik Rose bad contract avoid avoid.  He's the type of player you add to a contending,
not a rebuilding team. However, if Turkoglu were part of the package,
the trade would be a lot more appealing.

- Pistons going after Wallace. Good move and they seem to be giving up nothing.

Ray