Re: Are you people blind?

>>> think it's sad how a lot of people have just chalked up Baker's bad
performance to his drinking.  I'm just wondering if some of you people actually
watch the games instead of just reading box scores.  Even when Vin was doing well
before his last suspension, the team had a bad habit of not getting Vin the
ball at all in the second half of games.  That first game against the Knicks
this season where he went of for 20 points, he scored a majority of those points
in the first half, and then they'd forget about him.  That was the pattern
for alot of the games that he did well in.  And slowly Vin just started getting
the ball less and less till he was riding the pine.  I could see the argument
if he was getting the same consistent number of touches on the ball and he was
shooting 10 percent from the floor but that wasn't the case. <<<<<<<<

Well, I can only speak for myself, and no, according to my eye doctor I'm not
blind.  Just nearsighted with astigmatism. But you know, that can be fixed
with the proper eyewear nowadays.

 I watch every game, all game, unlike what I hear from many Celtics fans on
this board and others.  There is nothing that I miss no matter how poorly the
team is playing or who the opponent may be.

What I saw of Baker this year was an almost overnight change in his play. It
had nothing to do with how many times he touched the ball.  One day he was
just fine and the next day it was like looking at tapes of last years Vin.  No
lift.  Slow reaction time.  Missing bunnies.  Dropping passes.  Not looking to
post up and not getting into any offensive position.  How can you blame his
teammates for not getting him the ball when he acted like he didn't want anything
to do with it?
I remember one game right before Vin's last suspension.  Pierce had the ball
on the perimeter and was looking to get it into Vin.  Vin stood there looking
at him.  He could have come out and set up for a pick and roll, but he didn't.
 He could have cut to the basket, but he didn't.  He could have posted up his
defender, but he didn't. You know what he did?  He actually went directly
behind his defender and stood so there was absolutely no way to pass him the ball.
I knew right then and there that the old Vin was back.  He was hiding from
the basketball !
You can blame O'Brien for driving him to drink if you want, but I can't blame
anyone other than Baker himself.  No, he was never the focal point of the
offense.  But he was getting his touches and he was getting plenty of accolades
too.  For someone who was (is) getting paid the enormous sum of many he was
(is) getting from the Celtics and considering the modest numbers he was putting
up even on his best days, I thought the fans were extremely generous to the
man.  If you want to continue to make excuses for him go right ahead.  I won't be
joining you and it has nothing to do with my eyesight.

TAM