despair?

   I tried to watch the Bulls game, but it was too depressing.  I think I will go to the Clipper game next week (anyone else on the list going to that one?  Hank?) and then just put this team out of my mind for a while.  This season is a disaster.  I don't want to watch any more for a while.
    BUT I remain optimistic.  Carroll MUST be a temporary coach; Ainge can't blow up Pitinoball by leaving a PitinoGuy on the bench.  I don't know who the new coach is, but it ain't Carroll.
    I remain an optimist about Banks and think he will be a top-caliber point in two years.  Ditto Hunter at the 4 spot.  Pierce remains an all-star.  Welsch will be a solid contributor for some time to come, even if not an all-star.  With Mihm, Blount, Perkins and LaFrentz, we have a solid roster of big guys.
    I also support Ainge's moves for the most part because the team he inherited would never top the ECF performance of two years ago.  I further support him because he is what we've got.  I thought Pitino was a reasonable bet to run the team.  Tried it, it didn't work.  Too bad.  Now it's Ainge.  The only place the team might have made a different decision of note would have been replacing the coach before the season, leaving us with EWill here and Walker gone.  But they didn't.
    EWill:  there are two valid arguments on the loss of EWill - that it was too bad because he's a chemistry guy, OR we would have lost him anyway.  The optimist like me say we would have lost him; the Obiefolk say we lost a chemistry guy.  We're both right.
    Pierce:  I almost feel sorry for the guy, as sorry as one can feel for a 26 year old making 10 mil a year.  He's right - there is no second option of note, and he has to do it all himself, and knows that doing it all himself won't work.  I don't know what you say to him other than "You're a pro - deal with it, it will get better."
   And through it all is this list, which has taken a quantum leap this year, chock full of insightful, passionate, varied,  and articulate posts.  At this point, I'd rather read this list than watch the team play.  Thanks to all of you who make that true.
 - Doug