RE: Reports that Vin won't contest for a small sum/Tommy rips Obie&Carroll again

Excellent assesment on how the two camps are split. How anyone can think making the playoffs THIS year should be the ultimate goal is beyond me. We've had 10-12 posts recently of people crying about how the C's may not make the playoffs this year. Who cares? Is the team going to win a title this year? No. So what difference does it maek if they are in the playoffs or not? If getting better in the future means missing the playoffs this year, then so be it.

It riles me how some people now think simply making the playoffs should be the goal for the Boston Celtics.

From: Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx, Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reports that Vin won't contest for a small sum/Tommy rips Obie&Carroll again
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:26:39 EST

Good stuff on the RealGM board.

First, supposedly Vin and his family is willing to not arbitrate for a small
sum just to keep the Cs from airing his dirty laundry, which will come out
during the proceedings. Great stuff for Cs....

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=211151

Next, some details on Tommy again ripping Obie and a swipe at Carroll for not
breaking free of Obie at last night's game. Seems like we have two crowd's of
opinion. One who would prefer Obieball, defensive basketball that would
finish 5th in the weak East and another crowd who was willing to change things to
get uptempo basketball. It is Dannyball versus Obieball. People who support
Dannyball say be patient and let Danny get the ship turned where we can win a
championship. Then you got the Obieball lovers who say getting in the playoffs is
good enough and Danny is an idiot for breaking that up. Wow....

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=211172

DJessen33

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx